02 July 2011

Posting Blogs - News or Views

July heat has begun.  Wondering where June went.  "They" say time flies when you're having fun.  Was June fun?  In many ways, yes.  Learned several new things.  Caught up on reading, mostly blogs, stuff on the web.  


One thing catching my attention is the changing views on blogs.  Several headlines mentioned that blog writers are increasingly being treated as reporters; apparently, expressing your opinion about politics, styles, books, etc is news. 


An opinion according to dictionaries(dot)com - 1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty. 2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal. 3. the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion. 
A journalist is 1. a person who practices the occupation or profession of journalism. 2. a person who keeps a journal, diary or other record of daily events. 


I thought I'd make it clear the focus of my blog posting is to express my opinions about things that interest me.  I realize others may or may not agree with me about everything.  It's your opinion, your option.  I may or may not agree with your opinion.  That's life.  


I am interested in writing stories that are fiction.  I post about events that affect me and how they affect me.  Postings include my memories of events in the past.  I do my best to check the facts on which I base my conclusions.  I change my mind, my conclusions, upon occasion whenever I feel the necessity for it.  Anything more, I leave to the experts in journalism.  I do hope they remember that they can't possibly report all the facts known about something and they, too, pick and choose which facts to present in their columns.