19 May 2016

A to Z Challenge Reflections

http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/2016/05/2016-to-z-challenge-reflections.html
Reflections on the 2016 A to Z Challenge.  One major-time!  I do not have time to read everything I wanted to during the month.  I will be availing myself of the list during the rest of the year.  I did have fun reading many of the posts.  I think, not, I know the main reason I didn't have time to read as much as I liked was because I checked out blog posts as well as sites.  That can seriously cut into reading time.  Another thing was reading the other comments and checking out those who made some interesting points.

I also do Camp NaNoWriMo during the month.  Two major Challenges in one month?  Can be done, with some planning.  I wrote my entries in February and March using my Scrivener, Aeon and Scapple programs.  Not that I was paid to write that, it's just my life has gotten simpler using these and at the same time, more complicated because I happen to think that I can do so much more now that my tracking and writing has gotten simpler.  As I scheduled the posts, I edited.   Doing both well takes a bit of pre-planning.

One problem I had was finding follow links.  I thought back to when I first started blogging.  There were a couple that I didn’t even have an idea about doing until I had read a few of the blogs of the more experienced bloggers.  Of all the sites I checked out, the NaNoWriMo and A to Z challenge sites were the most helpful, especially the Captain’s Ninjas.  A few were helpful enough to send me an email.  I may not have let them know I appreciated the help.  Here is a heartfelt thanks to everyone who has helped me in some way.

However, I would like to point out that, I have and will continue to have my idea of who, what, where, when, and why I write and sometimes I fit in, sometimes, I edit, sometimes I revise.  That’s all anyone can do, really.  So, my take on the whole Challenge?  Have fun, learn one or two things and move on.